The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Regulation 7, requires each employer to appoint one or more competent persons to provide advice and guidance to the company on matters of health and safety.
Your competent person can be appointed from your own staff, but you need to ensure that they have the skills, training and experience needed to fulfil their duties. Many businesses do not have the resources to employ an expert to provide them with health and safety advice and support.
DanumBS offers a cost-effective solution for businesses who do not have an in-house expert. Our Health and Safety Adviser service gives you a designated Competent Person who is on hand to give you expert advice and support when you need it.
- A certificate of engagement, valid for one year. This can be included in your tenders and displayed in your offices to demonstrate your commitment to managing Health and Safety.
- A CV of your Health and Safety Adviser, which can be included in your tender documentation.
- Unlimited access to your Health and Safety Adviser by email or telephone during office hours.
- Written guidance and answers to your Health and Safety questions by email, giving you step by step guidance on how to deal with and address issues in your business.
- Regular newsletters with health and safety news,
By appointing Danum Business Solutions, I can act as your appointed competent person, ensuring that you are complying with the regulations and providing you with expert advice and support when you need it most.
Together we can build a bespoke package tailored specifically to your needs, providing you support by phone, email or face-to-face depending on the complexities of your business.
To find out more